School of Livelihood & Rural Development (SLRD) is an autonomous institution working with Government of India, various State Governments and other institutions towards long term sustainable development of India.
The mission of SLRD is to promote long term sustainable development and livelihood generation through campaigns, publicity, education and action programmes.
SLRD is spearheading entrepreneurship movement throughout India with a belief that entrepreneurs need not necessarily be born, but can be developed through well-conceived and well-directed activities.
In consonance with this belief, SLRD is working on:
- Creating a multiplier effect on opportunities for self-employment
- Augmenting the supply of competent entrepreneurs through training
- Augmenting the supply of entrepreneur trainer-motivators
- Participating in institution building efforts
- Inculcating the spirit of ‘Entrepreneurship’ in youth
- Promoting micro enterprises at rural level
- Developing and disseminating new knowledge and insights in entrepreneurial theory and practice through research
- Facilitating corporate excellence through creating intrapreneurs (entrepreneurial managers)
- Improving managerial capabilities of small scale industries
- Sensitising the support system to facilitate potential and existing entrepreneurs establish and manage their enterprises
- Collaborating with similar organisations in India and other developing countries to accomplish the above objectives
- Promote use of renewable energy sources like Solar energy, Bio gas, wind energy etc, provide access to technology and to skill local entrepreneurs to execute renewable energy projects
- To promote community environmental awareness through campaigns, publicity, education and action programmes, with a view to harnessing the community’s support for, and contribution to achieving desired environmental goals, thereby securing a long term solution to environmental problems through development of an improved environmental ethic within the community.